Zipfile BackupSource: https://api.github.com/repos/econjobmarket/api_documentation/contents/api/Zipfile-Backup.8.md
Backup Using Zipfiles
If you just want to backup your existing applications, you can do so using the website without needing to use the api.
Here are the steps:
- Visit https://backend.econjobmarket.org/ejm_setup/positions, then login using the button on the top left which says
Login with Econjobmarket.
- Once you have logged in, go to the page https://backend.econjobmarket.org/ejm_setup/positions to see this list of your active positions and your existing list of backup files, if any.
- Choose a position, then click the link
Backup $n Applications. This will start the back up process in the background. You'll may need to wait for some time for the backup to complete, so do something else for a minute then re-open the page https://backend.econjobmarket.org/ejm_setup_positions. You should now see a backup file.
Once you see your new backup file listed, you can download it by clicking on the link with the filename. Remember that if you have many applications, the file will be very large - on the order of a couple of gigabytes.
To use your file
- Download the file then unzip it into a clean directory on your computer and unzip it.
- Open the index.html file that is created and open it in your browser.
The file contains all the applications for the position that you chose, all the answers to the custom questions, all the files and reference letters.
This service only allows you to download all the applications associated with a position. If you want copies of a selected and small set of applications, you can get this using the regular recruiter page at econjobmarket.org.